The award winning PCPS Employee Wellness Program promotes healthy lifestyles through educational programs that identify health risks and encourage lifelong wellness of mind and body. The program seeks to improve employee health and well-being while reducing risk factors associated with the leading causes of death and disability. Click here to be directed to the homepage of the PCPS Wellness Program.
Employee Wellness Initiatives
- The ABCs of Diabetes was launched in 2004 to provide screenings, education, and high-risk interventions/goal-setting for people with diabetes. The program was recognized as a quality initiative by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), has improved medication adherence by 43% (participants have a 95% adherence rate compared to 52% for non-participants), and has yielded a return of $3.58. More...
- The Babies & You prenatal education classes and the Healthy Addition Program through Florida Blue provide prenatal education and high risk obstetrical case management. More...
- Annual mammograms for the early detection of breast cancer are offered at all worksites on the Tampa Bay Mobile Mammography bus. More...
- Tobacco cessation is promoted through educational opportunities that include free nicotine replacement (patches, gum, lozenges) through the Quit Smoking Now (QSN) program. More...
- The annual health fair attracts thousands of PCPS employees and retirees, providing screenings, health education and exposure to over 55+ health-related vendors. More...
- Fitness, stress management and other professional development opportunities are provided year round for employees.
- A weekly e-newsletter entitled Wellness Weekly provides a schedule of current Wellness opportunities and various health-related topics. Archives...
- A monthly newsletter entitled Wellness Matters features employee success stories and current health-related information. Archives...
- Click here for more healthy links.
Wellness Staff and Contact Information
- Debbie Zimmerman, MBA, Wellness Manager, Certified Health Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah Reyes, MS, RD/LDN, CYT, Registered Dietitian, email@example.com
- Denise Hartman, Wellness Clerk Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jazmine DiCristo, MS, CHES, Health Promotion & Evaluation Analyst, email@example.com
- Jordan Gale, CHES, Health Promotion & Evaluation Analyst, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samantha Knight, MS, RD/LDN, Registered Dietitian, email@example.com
3215 Winter Lake Road
Lakeland, FL 33801
www.polk-fl.net (keyword: wellness)