Polk County Public Schools will again have the option for parents and guardians to register their children online for kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year.
Parents and guardians are being urged to sign up beginning today (Monday, April 3, 2017) and may also register in person at their zoned school. The registration period ends on Friday, May 5, 2017.
To ensure that your kindergartener gets a seat at his or her zoned school, parents need to register their child beginning Monday, April 3.
On April 27th, schools will designate a time for parents to visit and tour the school. Watch for specific times on the school marque. Students entering kindergarten must be five-years-old on or before September 1, 2017.
To enroll a new kindergarten student, parents and/or guardians must present the following:
- Birthdate verification, a current physical exam dated within the last 12 months and a certificate of immunization (Florida Department of Health form 680) showing all shots including second MMR, polio, DPT/DTaP, Hepatitis B series and second varicella or signed proof of chicken pox. For further information about documentation requirements, parents and guardians are asked to contact their zoned school.
- Two proofs of residency are required. Acceptable proofs of residency include: mortgage document, property tax record, home or apartment lease agreement, a current utility bill (electric, gas, phone, water, cable), current voter registration document, proof of government benefits (Medicare, disability, food stamps, DCF correspondence), current Florida Driver’s License, automobile registration or automobile insurance.
Steps for Registration
-Visit www.polk-fl.net/PARENTS/enroll/default.htm to view a helpful video on how to enroll your child in a Polk County Public School and what documents you will need.
- Gather the necessary documents and take them to your student’s zoned school.
- Visit the school your student is zoned for to obtain a paper enrollment packet.
- Complete all information and return packet to school.
Steps for Online Registration
- Gather the necessary documents. If your student is currently enrolled in a Polk County Pre-K or VPK program, you cannot register online.
- Log in using an existing Parent Portal account or create an account by visiting the Parent Portal website at: https://parent.mypolkschools.net or www.polk-fl.net Keyword Search: Enroll
- Click the menu item titled “Pre-Registration” then follow the on-screen prompts.
- If assistance is needed during this process, contact the Polk County Public Schools’ IST Help Desk at 863.519.8040 or HelpDesk@polk-fl.net.
Information concerning Pre-K registration is available at your child’s zoned school.
For additional information about Kindergarten Registration/Round-Up contact your child’s zoned school or Polk County Public Schools’ Office of Pupil Accounting at 863.534.0716.