Keyword for this page: Wellness
This page is frequently updated!
To see the most current version press F5 on your keyboard to refresh this page.
Welcome to Polk County Schools Employee Wellness
The PCSB Employee Wellness Program is a Team of health professionals who are dedicated to improving employee health and well being while reducing risk factors associated with leading causes of death and disability. Healthy lifestyles are promoted through educational programs that identify health risks and encourage lifelong wellness of mind and body.
The Wellness Team is the Work-Site Employee Health Promotion prong of the Coordinated School Health (CSH) model pictured above. This model was developed by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is endorsed by The Florida Departments of Health and Education, and is the platform from which a "Wellness Culture" is promoted throughout Polk County Schools. "It takes a village to raise a child," and the Wellness Team is part of that village.
Fall, 2015 Challenges...
... assisting School Board employees & families with nutrition and fitness for improved well-being. Get incentives, prizes, valuable knowledge and in-service points! More...
Awards and Recognitions
2014 American Heart Asssociation Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite
National Wellness Institute Member
2014 Florida State Surgeon General Recognition of Excellence in Worksite Wellness, Award
2013 American Heart Asssociation Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite
2013 American Heart Association Community Innovation Award
2013 Directors of Health Promotion and Education Gold Award
One of three school districts recognized nationwide for excellence in planning and implementing school employee
wellness programs that promote employee health and lead to improved productivity
and lower health care costs - recipient of $1,000 grant, Details
2012 American Heart Association Gold Fit-Friendly Worksite Award
2012 American Heart Association Community Innovation Award
2012 Florida Healthy School District Silver Award
2009 Directors of Health Promotion and Education Gold Award
2009 Florida Healthy School District
- Coordinated School Health
- One of six districts in Florida to receive the SILVER award
- Polk’s School Nutrition & Wellness received highest recognition in Florida
2008 CDC/DOH Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention 5-Year Grant
2005 NCQA Leadership Series: Focus on Diabetes publication
2005 NCQA Quality Initiative: ABCs of Diabetes
2004 Florida Health Care Coalition: Corporate Leadership Award: ABCs of Diabetes
Nominated by FDOH & FDOE
- 2006 State Stroke Prevention Program
- 2006 Secretary's Innovation in Prevention Award
BUILDING A HEALTHIER POLK - DETAILS
View page 17 of The Core, February, 2013
- Debbie Zimmerman, MBA, Wellness Manager, Certified Health Coach, email@example.com
- Jan Calder, MS, CDE, Preventive Health Analyst, Exercise Physiologist, CTTS, Certified Health Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jordan Gale, CHES, Wellness Clerk Specialist, email@example.com
- Tami Smith, Temporary Wellness Clerk Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
3425 New Jersey Road • Lakeland, FL 33803 • (863) 648-3057
- Insurance, flu shot, clinic questions, contact Risk Management at (863) 519-3858
- Florida Blue screenings, contact the Wellness Program at (863)
View more information by visiting the Wellness District Info page...